“Change is the end result of all true learning” – Leo Buscaglia
And how true that is for our training programs. Tailored to not just teach, but to inspire, our training programs are what you need for you to improve every facet of your business – both product and personnel wise.
Our technical training has three major components – crop production, extension and farmer handling.
- Crop Production deals exclusively with strategies to help the farmer choose the right crop for his fields
- Extension refers to the support we extend to the farmer once he decides to grow sugarcane. This includes supplying the sugarcane, educating them on the methods of farming, teaching them about the weather and its possible effects on the crop, handling other crucial issues such as water availability, labor provision and fertilizers that need to be used
- Farmer Handling refers to training the farmers in two main areas – one, in crop production and the other in international training. Crop production as evident refers to training the farmers on the how, what, when, why and where of sugarcane production. As for international training, we are able to arrange visits to international farms for the farmers to experience and learn new and innovative farming methods
Management Training (Executive Level)
Apart from a general study on the sugar industry in India and abroad and the operational details of sugar mills our management training delves into every aspect of sugarcane growing to help management staff get a strong foundation and a better understanding of the industry they have chosen to work in.
- The first part of the training is an introduction to planting sugarcane. This module covers everything from planning of the crop, the organization of the sowing, directing and supervising the farmers, coordinating with personnel and even budgeting
- The training further continues to identify potential problems and their subsequent possible solutions. This includes crop-based issues such as when to harvest and also financial issues such as loans. The training aims to help the trainee come up with alternative solutions for problems so as to broaden their thinking
- Another main aspect of the training is helping build a better communication channel and thereby a better relationship between the miller and the farmer. This includes helping with scheduling payment times for the farmer (from the miller) and also methods to help the miller retain the farmer
Our training program also offers supervision for PhD and M.Phil programs on a part time basis.